More slow-mo Poseidon in the tub. #catsofinstagram #xp

http://j.mp/2qfedNg via IFTTT

Friday 6 June 2008

Classic Video Game Theme Songs

When I was a kid in the 1980s my parents never bought us any video game consoles. The only places I ever got to play video games was at friends' places or in arcades for 25 cents a pop (and I almost always found better things to save my quarters for). It's probably why I still don't play terribly many video games as an adult, and those that I do are long-term strategy games like Alpha Centauri or Civilization.

So when I tried this quiz of classic video game songs and I got 7 out of 10 correct, i was darn proud of myself. Then realized what that says abut the commercial success and cultural influence those games had if even I, a bookworm who rarely played video games, knew what 7 out of 10 themes were. Holy cow!

I got Donkey Kong, Rygar, Galaga, Pole Position, Super Mario Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog and Legend of Zelda correct. The ones I got wrong were Metroid (I said Mega Man 2), Pro Wrestling (I said Excitebike) and Pacman (I said Centipede).

Classic Video Game Theme Song Quiz

Score: 70% (7 out of 10)

1 comment:

  1. Man, its been a long time since i played those classics! Im impressed you still remembers those theme songs. Well, the video games are more like adult games now, majority of them got mature content and all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete