More slow-mo Poseidon in the tub. #catsofinstagram #xp

http://j.mp/2qfedNg via IFTTT

Monday 16 October 2006

I got the dancing Kame!

Well, as it turns out, I won't have to risk turning my wi-fi router into a brick just to get IPv6 connectivity again!

I'd like to call it a stroke of genius, but somebody else has probably already figure this one out:

  1. Let the Freenet6 tunnel client log in and set up the tunnel normally with my 'Net-visible DHCP IPv4 address from my ISP
  2. Wait about 20 to 30 seconds for gif0 to be completely setup and then redo the `ifconfig gif0 tunnel...` command with my internal NAT-ified address
Voila! One working IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel! I can ping IPv6 hosts on the 'Net, I can surf to the KAME Projet's website and get the dancing kame logo. In short, as long as the program I am using supports IPv6, I can do it on line an dnot just in my own little sandbox. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment