More slow-mo Poseidon in the tub. #catsofinstagram #xp

http://j.mp/2qfedNg via IFTTT

Monday 23 April 2007

Who's it going to be — Muggle or Wizard?

Well, the biggest thing about up and coming final book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is that two main characters die. In an interview, J. K. Rowling said:

One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die...A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil...They go for the main characters... well, I do.

Talking about this a few weeks ago with my Mom and sister Janelle, Janelle came up with the idea that we would each pick three people from whom we thought the two goners would come from, and then see who was closest on 21 July 2007 when the book is due to be released. I picked two names right away, but it took until Sunday to finally decide upon the third.

Here are our picks:

Nancy Ellen
Janelle
Cory

You'll see that Janelle says Voldemort is going to die, and while I agree that he probably does, Rowling says that two will die whom she did not intend to die. For me, Voldemort dying is just way to obvious, so I think Rowling means two other characters.

Also, Mom chose a Draco/Lucius possibility while I chose just Draco. I don't think that Lucius is enough of a major character to be one of the unintended deaths that people are making such fuss over. Draco, on the other hand, has been Harry's secondary nemesis from day one at Hogwarts.

The one I had so much trouble choosing was Severus Snape. I'm not entirely convinced that he was an undercover agent for Dumbledore, so I'm thinking Snape's either going to get caught as such by the other Death Eaters or he's going to pay the price for being a double agent (and being truly loyal to Voldemort all along).

All we need to know, now, is who's the character that got a reprieve from death?

No comments:

Post a Comment