More slow-mo Poseidon in the tub. #catsofinstagram #xp

http://j.mp/2qfedNg via IFTTT

Friday 23 March 2007

The Ringworld Throne by Larry Niven

This one is even slower in getting off the ground than Ringworld Engineers. So much time is spent with Valavirgillin and her crew doing almost nothing integral to the plot. The chapters with Louis Wu also seem to be almost totally unnecessary. Whether it was getting the webeye into the hands of the Ghouls, or getting Louis Wu negotiating with the Hindmost and them teamed up again, all of that could have been half as long with little or no detriment to the story, IMNSHO.

The original Ringworld book was one that made me want to keep reading, making me lose sleep some nights. This book took me two weeks to read and it was more of a chore than anything to pick it up for an hour before going to bed. I give it a 2.2 out of 5. Next I will be reading Ringworld's Children and I hope it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment