More slow-mo Poseidon in the tub. #catsofinstagram #xp

http://j.mp/2qfedNg via IFTTT

Wednesday 13 December 2006

Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin

This is a book that I have had on my bookshelf for decades, but I have never gone back and re-read it like I have so many other books in my personal library. So a couple of days decided that now was the time. Unfortunately, it just wasn't as good as I remembered.

Yes, I know that this book and its two sequels were written for as younger age group, but so were the Harry Potter novels, and those are awesome. So Ged meets this one dragon and uses his magic to sail around the islands of Earthsea, but beyond that there isn't much more than narrative. It gets rather boring, actually. Even the encounter with the shadow creature was anti-climactic.

I give it a measly 1 star out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment