More slow-mo Poseidon in the tub. #catsofinstagram #xp

http://j.mp/2qfedNg via IFTTT

Thursday 14 February 2008

Books that make you dumb?

Ever read a book (required or otherwise) and upon finishing it thought to yourself, "Wow. That was terrible. I totally feel dumber after reading that."? I know I have. Well, like any good scientist, I decided to see how well my personal experience matches reality. How might one do this?

Well, some guy went and figured out how. Seemingly having nothing better to do, he went and downloaded the the ten most frequently listed favourite books form all American colleges & universities he could find on FaceBook and the average SAT scores of those schools then plotted the average SAT each book, here.

While correlation does not equal causation, the results are still amusing. He also did the same thing for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment